Monday, August 30, 2010

Ohorikoen

So today we went to a park. It was right in the middle of the city, surrounded on all sides, and had a large pond and nature trails and a kid's playground. It was pretty beautiful. I took a TON of pictures so check my photobucket for more of them. I'll even give this one its own folder, I think. (I did it! Link.)I kept just turning around, seeing something, snapping a picture in passing, and moving on to review it later. So I'm about to see how these turned out once they finish uploading from my camera.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Oh! We got on the wrong train on the way to the park and had to turn around and backtrack. I think we went two stops past before realizing it and getting off to fix things.

Photobucket Photobucket

That was the main thing we did today. Went to Ichiran or something, which is the famous ramen place around here. Me, Tess, Andrey, Chris, Brian, Christ, Abdul... It was admittedly really good. They have some sort of special sauce that turned out to be spicy. For the first time, I finished my bowl.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(Andrey, Chris, Brian; personal booth with collapsing walls and water tap; my ramen)

Then we did the park, and after that we researched how to get to Marine World and decided to scrap the idea for now. It involved too many subway transfers and that would be costly. Plus, the site didn't tell us what stop to end with. So we scrapped that and opted for ordering pizza. Then we realized the pizzas were tiny, we only got 5, and there were like... 20 people trying to get some. So me, Brian (not the blonde Brian), Christ, and Mitch went to this Italian place in the mall. I got seafood dorian or something, which was not what I expected. There was rice instead of pasta. Rice is impossible to escape! But now I know to try the lasagna or something if we ever go back.

Someone else ordered dominos. We caught them on the way back from getting movie snacks (I finally have snacks in my room for when I'm starving!) and stopped the delivery guy, who gave us a menu. The pizzas are small and expensive so we'll just do that on special occassions. Tomorrow we're supposedly watching Paranormal Investigations. Tonight was Lord of the Rings 1 'cause as I was starting Pirates of the Caribbean, Jeremy saw LotR there and said it was his favorite movie ever. So we switched, at the cost of sleep. I don't have class until 1pm, but we're eating in the cafeteria at 12:10pm so I have to get up a bit early still. But not as bad as them.

First Japanese class tomorrow! And that's all I have all day. Someone told me that I had 3 hours of it tomorrow, but that's a lie. I only have 1.5 hours of class. So we'll see how that goes.

Gotta get to bed now! Night

PS. Deborah, I read every one of your comments. The tempura was good, so next time I hope to get more than just one so I can really enjoy it properly.

2 comments:

  1. Those are nice photo's!

    I doubt that shiny boy can eat all that ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulz! Pizza fail. Things in Japan do tend to be on the small side. Then again, here in America we do it big. One of the things the international students commented on immediately was the large food sizes and how everything here was incredibly sweet. >.> Mmmmm, obesity.

    Yay! I'm glad you've read them all. I shall continue to be your devout follower until you return. Heh. I'm already working on a movie. >3 That's right, I said movie, NOT video. Hurr Hurr. It will hopefully be glorious.

    Btw, I just realized that you'll be missing the US opening of Harry Potter. How does this make you feel? D: *will repost on FB* Hope you have a great first day of class! :D I am not ready for tomorrow...or today? It's 2:26 am here so prolly around 2pm there. How was your first day? :o I'm back into the swing of things. procrastinatinggggggg. D:

    ReplyDelete