Monday, August 30, 2010

First Real Day

So I woke up, woke up Brian, and went to meet Jeremy, Chris, and a couple others for lunch on campus. We tried out the other cafeteria, which seems way nicer and possibly cheaper as well. I managed to order exactly what I wanted this time too.

Then was my first Japanese class. There's 11 of us in it. (Americans) Me, Tess, Abdul, Jenny, (French) Corallie, Simon, Linda, Brice, (Czech Republic) Daniella, (Chinese) ...oh gosh, I don't know their names. But we worked on introducing ourselves. I'm going to write it here to make sure I've really got it memorized.

Hajimemashte. Ashley Desu.
America kara kimashta.
Sei-nan daigaku no ryuugakusei desu.
Senmon wa pasokon to business desu.
Shumi wa pasokon to e desu.
Doozo yorushiku onegaichimasu.

Translation:
Nice to meet you. I'm Ashley.
I'm from America.
I'm an international student at Seinan university.
My major is computer business.
My hobbies are computers and drawing.
Please take care of me.

We had to recite it today but we have to memorize it again for Wednesday. I knew the first and last lines already, at least.

Let's see... had some room forms to turn in, stating the condition of our rooms and that we got our keys and stuff. We went to turn those in, but it started pouring on us while we were out. The thunderstorm from yesterday is lingering. But me, Mitch, and Christ went to the bank to withdraw money. Oh, I asked about the JASSO scholarship and he said they were done giving them out, as in assigning who gets one. But I don't think he understood that I was asking if I did get one or not. Others are getting theirs on Wednesday. I really don't think I got it, which means I... will starve or something. I'm really kind of super stressing out.

But I just got a text that they're heading out for dinner, so I'm off to see what cheap deals I can find. Then we're watching Paranormal Activity in the projector room. Later!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind that.

    Paranormal activity on a projector sounds like it'll be freaky as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *starts preparing to send care packages abroad* Want some cheerwine? D: Oh Ashley! Be sure to harass whomever tomorrow about the scholarship, just for clarity sake. I really hope you got it! D:

    ReplyDelete