Friday, August 27, 2010

Part 7 - COMPLETE!!

I can’t sleep here. It’s really hard. I went to bed after 3am but I woke up at 6am. It’s now almost 10am, because I spent a long while just laying there refusing to fully get up. But now I have and I feel like there’s nothing to do. Our opening convocation doesn’t start until 12:15pm.

Alright… so I finally went and it started with a photo of all of the international students together. Then we went to the auditorium where they introduced all of us, and the teachers and others who were there, and then we went to this party thing. Really it was just a… mixer? Free food to lure the Japanese college students in and everyone had name tags so we could meet each other. But here we actually had to go on stage and introduce ourselves in front of everyone. I was standing by a guy named Daisuke when we realized, and he said I had to introduce myself in Japanese and he told me the word to end with. So I started with “nice to meet you” in Japanese (hajimemashte, but that’s misspelled), said my name in Japanese, then switched to English to say where I’m from and how old I am, then went back to Japanese to say “please take care of me”, which is what Daisuke taught me to end with. I’d never been sure of it before. Yuroshiku, onegaishimasu. I spelled that wrong, sorry.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

So after that we went to get our phones but realized that they still didn’t have the cards we needed yet so we have to wait another day. We got our computers set up with internet instead, and then went to submit our t-shirt design to the shop. It is AMAZING and looks totally official. I’m totally wearing it on the plane back. I ordered an XS and all the guys got smalls, and the shop owners looked completely baffled by those choices. I think they were calling us fat. But we held them up and they all seemed to work fine. They were also supposedly American sizes.

Then we went back to the gyudon place, which is the beef on rice with onions that’s so good. The high schoolers from the ramen shop were there! The ones that gave me the free juice. They walked in, did a double take, and then enthusiastically waved at us before sitting down.

We left and for a while we were in the projector room of the building, which only has one Ethernet port so we have to take turns using it. We ended up using Brian's computer to look up funny youtube videos and stuff. It was me, Brian, Christ, Chris, Jeremy, Linda, Corallie, and a couple more people in and out. The three first listed, including myself, lasted longest.

Classes start tomorrow! We packed up and compared schedules, checked class times, and made lunch and after class meet up plans to finally go get those phones. Then I came up here and spent FOREVER trying to update this website. Finally caught up now and this time is current and not altered in any way. It's really almost 4am, but I don't have class until 10:50am. I'm going to take a quick shower and fall into bed.

Goodnight! Leave me comments.

2 comments: