Saturday, August 28, 2010

Phones~

Got our cell phones today. Went through Softbank. The one nearby sold out yesterday and the others around don't carry prepaids. So we went back to Tenjin and found a store in the huge underground mall thing that sold them for 3200 yen, which is about $32. The calling card was 3000 yen and the unlimited mailing was 300 yen. They had three prepaids left so me, Christ, and Brian all got one. Mitch was on the fence, but later decided he wanted one too so we went to an above ground SoftBank and... it was twice as much for the phone, almost. But he bought it, so we all have phones. I think they don't have texting, or something like that. When they exchange messages on their phones, they're sending them to email addresses. So we set up our email and have been taking advantage of our unlimited mailing. Those who have phones have exchanged numbers, via this awesome thing they have where you just hold up the phones and they scan each other to send the information. So far I have Jeremy, Andrey, Mitch, Brian, Christ, and Corallie's numbers.

Photobucket
(yay phones~~)

I'm currently mailing the pictures I took with my phone to my email so I can post them up and then go to bed.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
(tempura and my chopsticks ability, octopus, Christ's reaction after eating the octopus)

Oh, here's the subway we're always using:

Photobucket

Um, we stayed out forever wandering around and half-effort shopping. We split up and me and Christ tried to find keychains for our phones but failed and returned empty handed. We watched a bit of TV, then headed off for dinner with a bigger group, finally trying Hotto Motto, an obento (lunch box) place that's pretty cheap. They give so much rice! I can never finish it.

After that we played some Street Fighter and Tekken in the projector room, we being mainly Christ, Chris, Brian, Andrey, Jeremy, and others who kept coming in and out. Then we shifted to the outdoor deck and now I'm inside and covered in more fresh mosquito bites. They are everywhere.

After this is posted, I'm going to shower and sleep. There's a kendo championship tomorrow but we meet at 7:30am and no one's really feeling it. So we may go to a park and look into a "night aquarium" that apparently has dolphins.

I leave you with this:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love how Japan makes everyone else seem technologically challenged! XD Why can't we have scanning phones? Cause we're lame Americans. :\ Ah well.

    How was your 200yen tempura shrimp. oishidesu ka?

    ReplyDelete