Thursday, August 12, 2010

One Week

So, almost exactly one week from this very moment, I will be scrambling in a panic and getting ready to go. Yes, my plane leaves at 6:05am. Dad says I should get to the airport around 5am. It's currently nearly 4am (for those in a different time zone). I feel like I'm making this post out of an obligation to do some kind of count down. I mean, I've been mentally doing my own, but that's not the same, right? Right.

Update time~~
  • Bought a power converter thing so that I can plug my laptop in over there and not be stuck with it dying on me. Apparently they only have two pronged wall plugs, not three.
  • Got a travel kit of contact solution to take on the plane, as well as a larger bottle to put in my checked bag.
  • Bought some pants so I don't have to worry about buying expensive overseas jeans.
  • Dad printed out lots of travel tips and the plane layouts of the flights I'll be on. He also looked into the same route I'm taking that flew today, and found that one of the legs of the trip has wireless net on the plane. So I can email my mom and tell her I at least made it part way. She's panicking.
  • Still deciding if I'll be taking my phone with me even though it won't work over there. Need to be able to call once I land in Dallas to, again, calm my mom's fears. I've seriously never been on a plane.
  • Visited my grandpa today to say goodbye. Won't see him again until Christmas. Also ate at Drydocks, which I love and will miss, but it's kind of a rare treat anyway.
  • My grandparents are showing up Friday and leaving Saturday, also for the purpose of seeing me before I disappear around the world. Either an aunt is coming with them to show me stuff she got from her own visit to Japan, or she's just sending stuff with them for me to cluelessly stare at without explanation.
  • My aunt's trying to get up with us for a lunch, probably at Kanki, but it's hard to meet up around her.. busy work schedule. Probably happening Sunday.
  • Friday is also a going away type of party with friends, during which we will watch a Disney movie marathon because we are awesome adults.
...I'm not sure what else to ramble about. 8D
If you have plane tips for me, post 'em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment