Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Canal City

Guys, I update every day and I can't help it. It's become a before bed habit.

Anyway, today I woke up and went to my second ever beginner Japanese class. She moves really fast, but I'm sort of maybe catching on? At least with numbers and time I can do it. Not sure about sentence structure order and stuff, but I'll get it. Every one of my closer friends here seem to be in the other classes, pre-intermediate, intermediate, and advanced, so I can ask for their help. A couple Japanese people have offered help if needed too, so I'll be fine.

After class I got back and did my homework in the lobby with Chris' help for part and did the rest myself. Then it was announced everyone was heading to Canal City, Corallie said that I was coming, so I did. It was awesome. This giant mall with a stream of sorts running through it. There's a pokemon center too. Amazing. People split up, deciding to go shop and eat and meet back at 8:30pm. Then they realized it closed at 8pm. So we told them we'd head on since the food places around seemed expensive. We looked around for food, got all the way back to the subway, and then realized some people wanted to go back home to have ramen, which we do every day almost. So three went on back and six stayed.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

That Growlithe is the first thing I bought for myself that wasn't necessary for living.

We ended up going back to the mall, since the food places there actually stayed open 'til around 11pm or so. We picked this Korean place and all ate together. Me, Corallie, Jeff, Roxane, Nancy (Wing Wa), and Jenny and we had a pretty awesome time. I think we had at least 20 people come initially and it's hard to do anything with so many people. Most food places seem to be small and can't accommodate us all and it's hard to decide on things to do. So a group of six was perfect.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I had like.. a veggie plate. Four pieces of meat, tons of mushrooms and onions and stuff. I ate it all but there wasn't much.

After that we stopped by a crepe place we'd passed a million times and there was a discount if you got a crepe and a drink. So I got a chocolate brownie/ice cream one with a melon soda and they were both super amazing.

Then we found a random shrine so we stopped to take pictures and they closed the door behind us so we got there just in time for closing. In, pictures, out. Done.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

More pictures can be found at this link.

Finally returned to the dorm and I joined Brian and Christ in watching music videos. Ended up switching to playing Robot Unicorn Attack. I set the bar at 50,000 and we called it a night soon after. I'm in every single class tomorrow. Starting at 9am, ending at 6:20pm. I get breaks from 10:30-11am and 12:40-1:30pm and that's it. Japanese psychology and society, beginning Japanese, intercultural communication, beginning Japanese, and Japanese economy. I hope I don't get a ton of homework. Um, we recently parted for bed. Chris scared the crap out of me and Christ because we're still freaked over that movie. I screamed, Jeremy, Justin, Andrey, and Mitch all came out of their rooms to see who was dying, I apologized and now I'm in my room. I wish I could've seen their faces to see how mad they were because I don't have my contacts in right now. I'll apologize again tomorrow...


Have to pay rent tomorrow too so I need to withdraw some money for that and pay it. Our t-shirt design came in and is amazing so we're turning that in for the final order tomorrow too. Then we're going to Canal City again since Christ didn't get to go and we'll need a break after the solid day of classes. I think he's in all but one or two also. There's also some phone keychains at the pokemon center and we're in desperate need of them since without them we're social abominations.

And, that's it. I'm going to bed because I have to be up in 7 hours.

2 comments:

  1. Social abominations without phone key-chains?

    That Growlithe looks like it's up to something. D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up your routine of frequent postings. We love seeing what you encounter and you will have a wonderful momento of your trip to treasure. Have fun. Be safe....

    ReplyDelete