Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blah

Haven't done much lately. Haven't uploaded pictures either. That'll be done sometime that is not now.

Just wanted to say that I went to a festival the other day. It was just rows and rows of tents selling food, merchandise, or games. There were a couple haunted houses, but we didn't go in. Aki and Shin took us, so we had real Japanese guides to show us around and help us navigate the train. It wasn't as bad as the fireworks one getting home. We weren't stuffed in and squeezed front to back, since then everyone had left at once and here people just left when they felt like it.

There was a shrine at the festival too.

Uh... I bought a bike today. Almost everyone in the I-House has one, and if you don't, you get left behind. People bike to Tenjin now. That saves us 500 yen every time. An hour walk there is 20 minutes on bike. We're more inclined to go out to places because biking is so much faster. It's pretty great. I'll let anyone who cares to try guess the color of the bike I got. It's awesome and I want to take it home somehow. But it sucks going uphill.

Then we went to this place with a giant USA flag above the door. It was Texas themed. The waitress wore a cowboy hat, as did the cooks, and they served steak and burgers. Except, the burgers had no buns, and both were served on a bed of bean sprouts. Otherwise, it could've passed as a resemblance of home, though it definitely tasted great. My burger slab had cheese cooked right in.

Next we did homework, watched a Very Potter Musical Sequel, I showered, and now I'm about to crawl into bed.

Not sure what the plans are tomorrow. Class and then paying my rent at the bank. Dinner somewhere, bed... then wake up for Saturday classes. Japan sucks in that regard. You don't tip, everything can be biked or walked to, tons of other cool things, but you have to make up missed classes on Saturday, even when the teacher is the reason they were canceled in the first place. Another thing is, I don't think you can take home leftovers from restaurants. I've never seen anyone do it.

Oh, but classes are canceled on the 20th and 23rd for holidays. Then Friday we're leaving for Kyoto at 7:50am so we're skipping that day of classes as well. I hope we won't have to make those up...

No comments:

Post a Comment