Monday, September 6, 2010

Typhoons

So apparently it's Typhoon season, and one's supposed to hit tonight and continue on pouring well into tomorrow. We have to watch the school website to see if it causes a class cancellation. Though here, that just means it'll be made up on a Saturday. Still, everyone's hoping for it. The eye of the storm was supposed to go right over us, but then it veered off, so I don't really think we'll get such horrible weather that classes will be called off. Though, I can hear the wind hitting at my window a bit.

Anyway, today was... uneventful? Had Japanese class again. We had to answer questions into a microphone and it was recorded so we could listen to it later or something and compare to how much we've improved. We also had a quiz and I think I did pretty well on it. We'll see on Wednesday, probably. Tomorrow all I have is Natural World.

But after class we went to Tenjin, where we ended up eating at a burger place. I found out I can't handle greasy foods anymore, or something. It upset my tummy pretty badly. Anyway, while we were eating we heard this man suddenly go "GAIJIN" really loudly, which means foreigner, so all our heads jerked around toward him. Then he asked where we were from. We said America, and he replied with "I thought all Americans were large". I guess that's a compliment..? It surprised us, in any case. It was an older man with a college looking kid with him.

Photobucket Photobucket

Christ looked at shoes and we decided we're going to someday buy horribly colorful shoes for ourselves, Brian bought a shirt, and I got mountain dew from a vending machine to take back. Only got two though.

Then we ended up watching Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, to continue from the first that we watched last week or something. It's now pretty late and I've showered and am ready for bed. So goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. LAWLZ!!!! Lovin' it! GAIJIIIIIIN! XD Those huge Americans. Good job Ashley on breaking the stereotype!

    ReplyDelete